ACHA Header

Assistance with Care and Housing for the Aged Program (ACHA)

ACHA aims to achieve stable housing and support situations for financially disadvantaged older people, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

The program coordinates access to community care and accommodation support.  Supports and linkages are based on the individual's needs and their particular situation.  The ACHA program is designed to assist people to find sustainable housing whilst maintaining independence.

Contact us on (08) 8245 7196 or email us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Download our Brochure.

For more information contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.


Who is eligible?

To be eligible for assistance through the ACHA program, recipients must be on a low income who;

  • Are Homeless
  • May be at risk of becoming homeless as a result of experiencing housing related stress
  • Are aged 50 years or older and on a low income, or 45 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.


The program is based in Western Adelaide and covers the council areas:

  • City of Port Adelaide Enfield
  • City of Charles Sturt
  • City of Prospect
  • City of West Torrens


The ACHA program can assist with:
  • Assessment of housing and care needs in your house or confidential office space
  • Assistance to identify housing options available
  • Linkages to appropriate housing by assisting to obtain and complete applications
  • Preparing support letters to assist with housing applications and status
  • Referral to programs for the aged
  • Referral to appropriate care needs providers
  • Assistance to lodge grant applications to obtain essential living items (if eligible)


The ACHA program is funded by the Australian Government.  The kind of assistance provided under the program will vary according to individual requirements.  We support people's independence and choice, by assisting them to achieve and maintain stable housing.

To access assistance outisde of the western area, please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

Lounge on Gibson

lounge on gibson

Support Us

support us