Step Up Loans
The StepUP loan is a low interest loan for people on low incomes who are having difficulty accessing credit from a bank. You can borrow from $800 to $3000 with up to 3 years to pay it back and there are no fees.
StepUP is a not-for-profit initiative between Good Shepherd Microfinance and National Australia Bank (NAB). StepUP is delivered by microfinance workers based in local community organisations such as UCWB. Our StepUP team will assist applicants to collect documents required for assessment and complete the application.
Am I eligible?
You can apply for a StepUP Loan if you:
· hold either a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pension Card, or are eligible for Family Tax Benefit A, and
· have resided at your current address for a minimum of 3 months.
What can I use the loan for?
Loans can be used for things such as:
· secondhand cars or repairs
· furniture, computers
· white goods
· home maintenance, including solar panels
· vocational education or
· medical/dental expenses.
What can't the loan be used for?
There are limitations on what the loans can be used for and they include:
· debt consolidation
· IVF or
If you are in any doubt please call us and we can discuss your needs.
How do I apply?
1. Telephone UCWB on 08 8245 7100 for an information pack – this pack includes a list of documents that are required to apply for a loan
2. Make an appointment with our Microfinance Worker by calling 08 8245 7100
3. Gather the required documentation
4. Bring all your documents with you to your appointment and we will assist you with the formal application process.
Interpreters can be arranged to attend interviews by prior arrangement (please let us know when you call to make your appointment).
Where do I have to go?
Our Microfinance Workers have appointments available at the following location:
77 Gibson Street, Bowden
730 Marion Road, Marion