Veterans’ Home Care (VHC) is an Australian Government program funded by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) and designed to assist people who need a small amount of practical help to continue living independently in their own home.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you must have a DVA Gold Card or White Card and be assessed by the Veterans’ Home Care agency.
To learn more about VHC consult the DVA website or call UCWB Customer Call Centre on 08 8245 7196. To arrange an assessment with a VHC Agency call 1300 550 450.
As a preferred VHC provider, UCWB can provide the following services:
- Showering, bathing, toileting
- Dressing, grooming
- Assistance with eating
- Application of non-medicated skin care creams and lotions, and
- Putting on compression stockings, protective bandaging, splits and callipers
Respite Care, Domestic Assistance
- House cleaning including dishwashing, bed making and linen changing, and laundry
- Assistance with meal preparation
- Bill paying and unaccompanied shopping
Safety-related Home and Garden Maintenance
- Replacing light globes and smoke alarms
- Cleaning gutters, external and internal windows
- Minor home maintenance