ASSESSMENT + ELIGIBILITY
We can help you be assessed for aged care and apply for government subsidies to help with the cost of home care services.
While we offer our home care services on a competitive privately-funded basis, you may be eligible for a government subsidy to assist with their cost, through My Aged Care.
We can connect you with My Aged Care and attend any in-home assessments to provide you with support.
My Aged Care
My Aged Care will ask you to participate in an initial phone screening to determine the best way to meet your needs. They will ask you:
– your name, address and phone number
– your date of birth
– your Medicare number and reference number
– how you’re managing at home and what help you are after.
They may expect you to:
– be prepared to write down referral codes and aged care identification numbers
– think about other people you would like to nominate to speak on your behalf
– ask other people to be present at any assessment you have.
Following your phone screening, you will be referred to for a face-to-face assessment
– To be assessed for basic-level support, you will be referred to the Regional Assessment Service who will assess your suitability to receive home care services
under the Commonwealth Home Support Program.
– To be assessed for a higher level of support, you will be referred to the Aged Care Assessment Team who will assess your suitability to receive home care
services with your own Home Care Package.
Why choose us
We are committed to providing excellent customer service that informs, advises and supports you to remain living independently in your own home. In a friendly and caring way, we will take the time to understand your individual needs, provide assistance and listen to your ideas. We celebrate diversity and offer translating and interpreting services and AUSLAN interpreter services. We will respect your privacy. We will take all reasonable precautions to protect your information and will not disclose this to anyone unless you give us your permission (or we are required to do so, by law). We are continually looking for ways to improve our service and will always value your feedback.
If you would like to speak with someone about assessment and eligibility, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 8245 7196. We are open on weekdays between 9am and 5pm.
To enquire online, please complete the form below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.