Our Young Carers Program supports young people aged up to 18 years who are in a significant caring role to remain in school or education.
Our Young Carers program provides:
- In-home respite to give young people student a break from their caring role so they can spend time on their education.
- Support with short term or immediate activities or materials that helps meet the educational needs of the students (eg: school books, uniforms, school camps, meal provision).
- Tutoring in school subjects.
- Information, referral and advice.
- School holiday activities and group work.
- Personal development workshops.
Information, advice and referrals to appropriate services (including counselling) is offered to carers aged 19 to 25 years.