Emergency relief

We provide emergency relief through our Open Door, a welcoming, accepting and safe place for anyone requiring help and are open between 10am and 2.30pm.

We can provide emergency relief such as:

  • food vouchers (for use at Foodbank Bowden, located on site)
  • bus tickets*
  • fuel vouchers*
  • clothing referrals*
  • Telstra vouchers*
  • phone cards*
  • overnight parcels**
  • Christmas hampers
  • prescription vouchers.

*In certain circumstances.
**In circumstances of extreme hardship.

To receive emergency relief you must bring a valid Health Care card or Centrelink pension card with your current address and:

  • a second piece of identification with your current address (eg: drivers license, proof of age card, utility bill)
  • the Health Care card of any adults (aged 16 or over) you are permanently living with at the same address and sharing finances/food with.

Boarding house residents must also present a copy of their room agreement or lease.

We can also refer you to other UCWB services including financial counselling, parenting workshops, homelessness services, low cost living groups etc.