Support for carers of adults with mental health issues, including specialised support for young carers. Funded by SA Health (Resource Options Support for Carers)
Young Carer Support
For carers aged between 12 and 25.
Young Carers Support provides you with
- A Young Carer Coordinator who will work closely with you to develop an individual carer support plan.
- School holiday workshops to connect you with other young carers.
- Advocacy and support to help you remain in work and education.
- Face-to-face support to enhance your wellbeing and resilience.
Adult Carer Support
For carers aged 25 and above.
Adult Carer Support provides you with:
- A Carer Coordinator who will work closely with you to develop an individual carer support plan.
- Information about mental illness.
- Assistance with accessing support services.
- Coordination and negotiation of services.
- Direct referral to other carer support services.
- Peer support groups.
- Assistance to maintain health and wellbeing.
We host social and informative sessions that connect and support carers.
Why choose us
We are committed to providing excellent customer service that informs, advises, and supports you. In a friendly and caring way, we will take the time to understand your individual needs, provide assistance, and listen to your ideas. We celebrate diversity and offer translating and interpreting services and AUSLAN interpreter services. We will respect your privacy. We will take all reasonable precautions to protect your information and will not disclose this to anyone unless you give us your permission (or we are required to do so, by law). We are continually looking for ways to improve our service and will always value your feedback.
You can refer yourself to our carer support services. Referrals can also be made by a friend or family member, doctor or community service. There are no fees to access UCWB carer support services. If we suggest you be referred to another provider who charges fees to access their services, we will discuss these with you in advance.
If you would like to speak with someone about our carer support services, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 8245 7100. We are open on weekdays between 9am and 5pm.
To enquire online, please complete the form below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.