Support for carers of adults with mental health issues, including specialised support for young carers. Funded by SA Health (Resource Options Support for Carers)
Young Carer Support
For carers aged between 12 and 25.
Young Carers Support provides you with
- A Young Carer Coordinator who will work closely with you to develop an individual carer support plan.
- School holiday workshops to connect you with other young carers.
- Advocacy and support to help you remain in work and education.
- Face-to-face support to enhance your wellbeing and resilience.
Adult Carer Support
For carers aged 25 and above.
Adult Carer Support provides you with:
- A Carer Coordinator who will work closely with you to develop an individual carer support plan.
- Information about mental illness.
- Assistance with accessing support services.
- Coordination and negotiation of services.
- Direct referral to other carer support services.
- Peer support groups.
- Assistance to maintain health and wellbeing.
We host social and informative sessions that connect and support carers.
You can refer yourself to our carer support services. Referrals can also be made by a friend or family member, doctor or community service. There are no fees to access UCWB carer support services. If we suggest you be referred to another provider who charges fees to access their services, we will discuss these with you in advance.
To enquire online, please complete the form below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.