Find respite for carers

If you’re caring for someone living with disability or an older person we may be able to help you with short-term and emergency respite. We may also be able to support you with a range of services to help you to maintain your wellbeing. To see if you are eligible to access respite services call the UCWB customer contact centre on 08 8245 7196 or the Commonwealth Carelink and Respite Centre on 1800 052 222.

You may be eligible for different types of respite assistance:

  • In-home respite – a care worker provides care in the home or may organise to take the person you care for on an outing. In-home respite can also be overnight.
  • Centre-based respite – held at a centre or club that organises group activities for the person you
    care for, allowing them to meet other people.
  • Community access respite – provides activities to encourage a sense of independence in the person you care for by providing social interaction.
  • Residential respite care – a short stay in a residential care home can be organised for the person you care for.
  • Consumer-directed respite care (CDRC) – a CDRC package gives you more choice about the type and delivery of respite care.

You can find out if you are eligible and seek more information about UCWB’s services to support carers here.

UCWB also provides support for Young Carers.