Home Care Services include help around the house and garden and with transport and social support. And for those who require, it can also include help with personal care.
Home and garden services
- Help with household tasks such as making beds, washing, ironing, dusting, light cleaning, vacuuming, pet care, watering plants and putting out the rubbish, etc.
- Help in the kitchen to assist you to prepare ingredients so you can do your own cooking or cook a meal for you to eat straight away or to store in your freezer for later.
- Garden maintenance from pruning, weeding and planting to general maintenance such as sweeping, cobweb removal and gutter cleaning.
- Home maintenance from cleaning windows, changing light globes, fixing taps and washers, installing smoke alarms and security locks and key boxes to hanging doors and minor carpentry.
Personal support services
- In a caring and respectful way, we can help you with personal tasks such as bathing and showering, grooming and shaving, getting dressed and getting ready for bed and provide assistance with toileting and continence. We can also collect your prescriptions and prompt you with your medication.
Social and transport services
- We can take you to group activities and outings organised by UCWB, to medical appointments, the library or anywhere you would like to go. We can even take you simply for a drive.