The Open Door, UCWB’s emergency relief program, is a welcoming, accepting, safe place for anyone requiring help. It is staffed by caring, compassionate volunteers who donate their time to support people in times of need.
For decades, UCWB has been committed to never turning away someone in need. No appointment is necessary and we are open on weekdays (excluding public holidays) from 10.00am – 2.30pm.
We can help with:
- Food vouchers for use at the Community Foodbank Bowden (located onsite)
- Overnight parcels (in extreme hardship)
- Bus tickets
- Fuel vouchers (in certain circumstances)
- Telstra vouchers
- Prescription vouchers
- Phone cards
- Christmas hampers
- Money Mentors – assistance with budgets and managing bill payments
- Referral to other UCWB services