A social skills enrichment program encouraging children to think about how to get along with others.
The program is delivered through direct teaching, role-play, quizzes and fun in the context of an encouraging group.
It aims to teach primary aged children how to:
- Meet people, be friendly and hold a conversation
- Give compliments and show care
- Seek attention in constructive ways
- Understand their own feelings
- ‘Read’ the feelings of others
- Take turns, be calmer under pressure, handle loss and disappointment with poise
- Deal with worry
- Thoughtfully respond to rejection and bullying
- Always apply positive thinking to fix problems
- Cope more resiliently with the inevitable emotional highs and lows that life offers
It is run for 16 weeks with a small group of children of the same age and stage.