Manage my finances

Are you having trouble finding enough money to pay all of your monthly bills or do you find that you cannot save enough money to replace your fridge or get your car fixed?

Talk to the skilled team at UCWB who can help you find ways to manage your finances, whether it’s about a small loan, some tips on managing the household budget, help during an emergency, or advice on dealing with utilities bills.

Here are some of the ways UCWB can support you to manage your finances:

No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)

The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) provides individuals and families on low incomes access to safe, fair and affordable credit. The loan can be used for essential goods and services such as white goods, some medical and dental services, and educational essentials such as computers and text books.

Find out more

It’s Up 2 Me

UCWB supports individuals to live independently and improve their wellbeing via a supported website and free mobile app, It’s Up 2 Me. This program gives real life information about everyday problems through access to practical tools and knowledge.

Find out more

StepUP loans (low interest)

StepUP is a low interest loan for people on low incomes. The loan can be used to purchase items such as a second hand car or car repairs, furniture, a computer, white goods and electrical items, vocational education or medical expenses.

Find out more

Tax Help

If you are on an income of less than $50,000 a year, an ATO Tax Help Volunteer can assist you to lodge your income tax return. This free community-based service using volunteers is available at UCWB from July to October.  

BSWAT (Business Services Wage Assessment Tool)

UCWB financial counsellors can assist people with an intellectual impairment or disability who may be eligible for a one-off payment under the BSWAT Payment Scheme. To talk to a UCWB financial counsellor call 08 8245 7100.