What we offer
We provide a free confidential service for people experiencing financial distress or hardship in Western Adelaide. We can provide essential items including Foodbank vouchers, transport assistance, chemist vouchers and bill payments where necessary.
Our team can also link you with other community supports including housing support services, multicultural services, and other financial wellbeing services.
How to get assistance
We are funded by the Department of Human Services and the Department of Social Services to provide emergency assistance in Western Adelaide.
Customer Pays Card (CPC)/White card
If you are requesting a Customer Pays Card (CPC) (also referred to as a White Card) AND you are an existing UCWB customer, please complete the online referral making this request. We will contact FoodBank and request that the CPC be made available at the location of your choice within 2 business days or sooner. We will SMS you once this has been actioned. If you are not a current UCWB customer we will be unable to action this request.
- Call UCWBs emergency assistance team on (08) 8245 7139. Monday to Friday between 10.00am to 2.00pm. OR
if you live in Western Adelaide and need access to our emergency assistance service, you can also complete an online referral form. If you do not receive a call or miss the call between 10am – 2pm on the day you contacted us you will need to call back the next business day, or complete another online form.
- Leave your full name, suburb, contact number and details of assistance required. If you do not leave a complete message we will be unable to call you back.
- Wait for call back. If you do not receive a call or miss the call between 10am – 2pm on the day you leave a message you will need to call back the next business day.
If you fall outside of our catchment zone, you can access other government funded emergency assistance providers here.
You can also access UnitingCare emergency relief centres for food, clothing and essential items here. These centres are set up at Uniting Churches across Adelaide. If you contact any of the centres, please tell them that you have been referred by UnitingCare Wesley Bowden.
For urgent support
If you require urgent assistance, please contact one of the following free services:
- National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 (9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday).
- Mental Health Triage Service on 13 14 65 (24 hours, 7 days a week).
- Homeless Connect SA on 1800 003 308 (24 hours, 7 days a week).