What we offer
Our free financial counselling service, with qualified, independent and compassionate financial counsellors, can guide you through your financial options and help you plan your way out of debt.
Financial counselling can help you with things like:
- Bills or fines you’re struggling to pay
- Being harassed by debt collectors
- Gas, electricity or phone disconnection
- Being evicted from your house
- Car accidents with no insurance
- Tax debts
In a caring and non-judgemental way, we will listen to you and help you understand your available options. We can help you with budgeting and managing your money, and provide you with information about your rights as a consumer. We can support and advocate for you, which may include helping you to speak with your creditors, or speaking with them on your behalf.
How to get assistance
We are funded to deliver financial counselling in Adelaide’s Western suburbs. Our qualified team provide outreach between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday from our office at 77 Gibson St Bowden and in the following locations:
- Cheltenham area
- Croydon Park area
- Findon area
- Hilton area
- Woodville Gardens area
- Pt Adelaide area
To access our financial counselling service, please complete a referral form. A UCWB team member will be in contact with you discuss your referral within two business days.
For urgent support
If you require urgent assistance, please contact one of the following free services:
- National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 (9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday).
- RentRightSA on 1800 060 462 (8.00am to 8.00pm, Monday to Friday).
- Mental Health Triage Service on 13 14 65 (24 hours, 7 days a week).
- Homeless Connect SA on 1800 003 308 (24 hours, 7 days a week).