Tax Help

What we offer

Our Tax Help volunteers are trained and accredited by the Australian Tax Office and can help people on low incomes to manage their tax obligations.

We can assist with:

  • helping you determine if you are required to lodge a return
  • using myTax to prepare and lodge your tax return
  • lodging any amendments
  • creating a myGov account

How to get assistance

Tax Help is only available from September – October, delivered from our office in Bowden or over the phone.

You may be eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less and you did not:

  • work as a contractor – for example, a contract cleaner, taxi or Uber driver
  • run a business, including as a sole trader
  • have partnership or trust matters
  • sell shares or an investment property
  • own a rental property
  • have capital gains tax
  • receive royalties
  • receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
  • receive foreign income, that is not a foreign pension or annuity

If you are interested in this service and believe you meet the above eligibility requirements, contact our financial health team.

For urgent support

If you require urgent assistance, please contact one of the following free services:

  • National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 (9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday).
  • Mental Health Triage Service on 13 14 65 (24 hours, 7 days a week).
  • Homeless Connect SA on 1800 003 308 (24 hours, 7 days a week).