What are the four levels of home care packages?
- Level 1 for basic care needs
- Level 2 for low-level care needs
- Level 3 for intermediate care needs
- Level 4 for high-level care needs
What can HCP funds be used for?
You can use home care package funds to pay for a range of support that will help you to remain independent and well at home and in your community. This could include nursing care, jobs around the home, meals, personal care and social support depending on your level of funding. You’re not limited to a prescribed menu of services, we will work with you to design a personalised home care package to meet your needs.
Do you have to pay for a home care package?
The Australian government pays for the bulk of aged in Australia. However, to receive help at home through the government’s home care packages you may need to contribute towards one of both of the following:
- A basic daily fee, which is a percentage of your aged pension
- A means-tested feed, payable if your income is over a certain amount
|Fees charged to your package|
|Weekdays 6am to 8pm||Weekdays 8pm to 12pm||Saturday||Sunday||Public Holidays|
|Gardening and home maintenance||$65||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Allied Health Services||Please discuss these with your coordinator|