What we offer
We know that caring for a loved one is an important role but sometimes even carers need a break. UCWB offers short-term care to give you or your carer a break. This service is available for both CHSP and HCP customers.
- Centre-based respite that enables you to talk and interact with other people at a day centre, club, cottage or residential setting – during the day or overnight
- Flexible respite with a paid carer coming to your home so that your usual carer can take a short break.
We also provide
Personal care, domestic assistance, social support, and more. Explore our other home care services.
Find out how to access home care here.
We often find that carers are reluctant to enquire about respite because they feel it either means they’re not coping or not doing ‘good enough’. In reality, this is simply not true. Respite actually enables you to be an even better carer by letting you recharge (or maybe just giving you time to take care of those things you haven’t been getting to!). At the end of the day, that’s what we all want.
If you need emergency respite, contact Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737.
For urgent support
If you or a family member requires urgent assistance, please contact one of the following free 24/7 helplines:
- Elder abuse hotline 1800 35 3374
- SA Abuse Prevention 1800 372 310
- Mental Health Triage 13 14 65