No Interest Loans (NILs) for Vehicles offers loans of $2,000 to $5,000 for people and families on low incomes to purchase an essential vehicle for day-to-day use including cars, scooters, mobility scooters and motorcycles.
You cannot use this loan to purchase recreational bikes, boats or caravans or camper trailers.
Loans are NOT for cash. Vehicles can be purchased from a dealer or through private sale however all money is paid directly to the person or business selling the vehicle. You cannot use this loan to purchase vehicle from a family member.
- Repayments: The loans are interest free, there are no fees, and repayments are set at an affordable amount over a period of up to 48 months.
- Credit checks: A credit check IS required for this loan. Applicants for this loan are encouraged to check their credit report before applying. Find out how to Get your free credit report here.
You may be eligible to apply for NILs for Vehicles if you:
- Have a Heath Care Card / Pension Card
- OR Earn less than $70,000 annual income (before tax) as a single person or $100,000 annual income (before tax) if you have a partner or children
- OR Have experienced family or domestic violence in the last 10 years
- AND You can show you can afford to repay the loan.
How do I apply?
UCWB NILS team is accepting client referrals from community workers only.
Complete the eligibility form here and if your client is eligible to apply the NILs Team will contact you with next steps.