What we offer
No Interest Loans (NILs) enables people and families with access to fair, safe and affordable credit to purchase essential goods and services to the maximum value of $2,000.
Loans are free from fees, charges, and interest. Pay back only what you borrow.
NILs is a smart choice financial option to help you pay for essentials and get what you need right now.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible for a no interest loan if you:
- have a Health Care Card, a Pensioner Concession Card
- Earn less than $70,000 gross annual income as a single
- Earn less than $100,000 gross annual income as a couple or people with dependents
- Can show that you have the capacity to repay the loan.
What can I use the loan for?
No Interest Loans can be used for costs associated with:
- Household essentials, such as furniture, kitchen appliances and washing machines.
- Heath & wellbeing, such as dental, medical and veterinary bills.
- Education & employment essentials, such as laptops, new uniforms or power tools.
- Housing, such as home repairs, removalist fees and bond payments.
- Vehicle & transport, such as driving lessons, vehicle registration fees or car repairs.
Loans are paid directly to the supplier and cannot be used to repay debt(s) or for ongoing general living expenses like food.
How long do I have to repay my loan?
The maximum loan repayment term is 24 months.
For urgent support
If you require urgent assistance, please contact one of the following free services:
- National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 (9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday).
- Mental Health Triage Service on 13 14 65 (24 hours, 7 days a week).
- Homeless Connect SA on 1800 003 308 (24 hours, 7 days a week).