What we offer
We facilitate your application for the No Interest Loan Scheme (NILs). NILs provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair, and affordable credit. Loans are available of up to $1,500 for essential goods and services such as
- washing machines
- car repairs
- medical and dental procedures
- education essentials such as laptops and books
Repayments are set at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months. You only repay what you borrow – there is no interest, fees or charges.
How to get assistance
You may be eligible for a no interest loan if you:
- have a Health Care Card, a Pensioner Concession Card or an income less than $45,000 per year after tax
- have lived at your current address for more than three months
- show that you can afford to repay the loan
If you are interested in this service and believe you meet the above eligibility requirements, contact our NILs Team.
For urgent support
If you require urgent assistance, please contact one of the following free services:
- National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 (9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday).
- Mental Health Triage Service on 13 14 65 (24 hours, 7 days a week).
- Homeless Connect SA on 1800 003 308 (24 hours, 7 days a week).