What we offer
The Escaping Violence Payment (EVP) is available to anyone who is experiencing violence from their partners. This includes violent or threatening behaviour that is:
- Physically, verbally or sexually abusive
- Emotionally, spiritually or psychologically abusive
- Economically abusive
- Threatening, coercive, or seeks to control or dominate the other person.
The program includes a payment and other supports available to someone leaving a violent partner and is struggling with the finances to live their life in safety. Up to $5000 will be available, with up to $1500 in financial assistance and where needed goods and services such as removalists, bonds or basics for a new home and wrap around services including caseworkers support.
How to get assistance
Please visit https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/escaping-violence-payment to learn more about the program, the eligibility requirements, how to apply for assistance.
For urgent support
If you are in a situation of danger now, please call 000.
If you are experiencing family violence and need immediate support or advice, call either:
- 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Women’s Safety Services SA DV Crisis Line on 1800 800 098 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)