Escaping Violence Payment

What we offer

Are you, or someone you know, trying to leave or have left intimate partner violence?

An intimate partner is someone you have been in a romantic relationship with such as husband, wife, partner, boyfriend, or girlfriend.

That violence can be:

  • Physically, verbally or sexually abusive
  • Emotionally, spiritually or psychologically abusive
  • Economically abusive
  • Threatening, coercive, or seeking to control or dominate the other person.

If you have recently left or are planning to leave, and you are struggling with finances to live your life in safety, you could be eligible for up to $5,000 financial assistance:

  • Up to $1,500 in cash (or cash equivalent based on your needs and preferences)
  • Up to $3,500 in goods and services such as removalists, bonds or basics for a new home
  • Time limited support including case work and assistance to connect you with support services and pathways.

The payment will be customised for you, based on your personal needs.

How to get assistance

The payment is available if you are:

  • Australian citizen, permanent resident or holder of a protected special category visa living in Australia
  • 18 years or over
  • Experiencing financial stress and have not accessed EVP in the last 12 months
  • Planning to change or have changed your living arrangements within the last 12 weeks due to intimate partner violence.

All of the requirements detailed here must be met in order to be eligible. Learn more about the program, the eligibility requirements, how to apply for assistance here or call 1800 EVP EVP (1800 387 387).

For urgent support

If you are in a situation of danger now, please call 000.

If you are experiencing family violence and need immediate support or advice, call either:

  • 1800 RESPECT¬†on 1800 737 732 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
  • Women’s Safety Services SA DV Crisis Line on 1800 800 098 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)