What is NDIS Support Coordination?
Support Coordination assists you to build the skills you need to understand, implement, and use your NDIS plan.
There are so many possibilities available with a NDIS plan, that sometimes it can be difficult to know where to start. UCWBs team of NDIS support coordinators empower you to exercise choice and control by educating you about the NDIS and working with service providers to ensure your NDIS support services continue to meet your individual needs.
A designated NDIS support coordinator from our support coordination team will get to know you and help you understand and make the most of your plan. They will also be with you when you need assistance with any NDIS services. The support coordinator’s job is to connect you to the most appropriate service providers and ensure you remain on track to achieve your goals.
Find out more about NDIS Support Coordination in this Easy Read Document ‘Starting my plan with a Support Coordinator’
Why Is Support Coordination Important?
Our clients are often unaware of the ways they can use their NDIS funding, and so our aim is to ensure you are receiving all the benefits you can from your NDIS plan. You deserve to have as much support and assistance as you need, and fully understanding your NDIS plan is a vital part of accessing all the different options.
At UCWB we are dedicated to continually identifying local service providers, including mainstream, community, informal and funded. This way, we can provide you with an array of options and ensure you can exercise choice and control when deciding who you wish to work with to achieve your goals. We are focused on the outcomes you have set out to achieve, and we will do our best to help you reach them.
What we offer
UCWB provides support coordination and specialist support coordination for NDIS funded participants.
We provide you with support by:
- Taking time to learn about your interests and needs to identify the best support services
- Helping you and those around you understand your plan and the choice and control you have surrounding your allocated funding
- Assisting you with finding the most compatible service providers, supports and activities
- Negotiating and obtaining quotes from providers
- Identify non-NDIS supports that can work alongside your NDIS services.
- Monitoring your progress with providers and fund utilisation, and continually ensuring you are getting the most out of your funded supports
- Facilitating feedback and assisting you with switching providers when desired
- Providing support during key life transitions
- Prepare you with supports and strategies for when a crisis occurs
- Reviewing your individual goals and assisting you with preparing for NDIS plan re-assessments.
If your NDIS plan includes support coordination under capacity building, you are eligible for UCWB’s support coordination service.
Anyone can refer into our service by completing the referral form or phone us.